Tuesday, December 11, 2012

DIY Ornament Christmas Wreath

Recently, I've seen ornament wreaths everywhere.  I think they look so fun and festive, but I also like the traditional look of a greenery wreath.  So, I busted out the hot glue gun and came up with this great combo wreath.  It only took a few minutes to make, and then a few more minutes to make the bow, so it was a quick-and-easy project!

I took a box of cheap ornaments, and moved them around my pine wreath until I was happy with the color distribution, then hot-glued them on.  I pointed the ornaments in all different directions to get a fun, random look.

Then I made a bow with wire-edged ribbon and hot-glued it to the wreath.  I'm sure there is official ribbon-attaching wire that I was supposed to use, but I just went for it and hoped that my ribbon wouldn't melt.  It worked, I think it turned out awesome :)

-Lily

Linked up at some of the great blogs on my sidebar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation--your comments make me happy!